Typical challenges encountered in the foodstuffs industry take the form of unproductive downtime and cleaning periods caused by caking of material on functional components and conveying equipment. Such caking often results in rejects and in fluctuating product quality.
Other sectors in which our layers have proven extremely useful include packaging, and the coating of blades and cutters used in food production.
Example: A mould for use in confectionery production
Development of a coating which will prevent adhesion of glucose mixture
- Optimization of product quality via reduction of residues
- Reduction of need for cleaning and maintenance
- Adhesion of glucose mixture was completely eliminated
- Suitability for use with foodstuffs assured
Examples of blades used in meat processing
Development of a coating to boost blade service-life
- Easier, faster setting-up
- Reduction of production costs (less frequent blade replacement)
- Service-life more than doubled
- Blade stays sharper longer